Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween!

                                             http://www.autismsupport.org/halloween.html

Halloween is a holiday that I have always enjoyed. The thing I do not like about it though is as you age it is almost as if you shouldn't go trick or treating. Last year I went with my best friend and her two cousins. Her one cousin, Logan, has autism and his younger brother, Connor, does not. We all dressed up and went trick or treating. I dressed up as a graduate and Logan was dressed up as Wall-E. Logan loves Wall-e; the video games, the movie, and the character. He loves quoting lines from the movie or explaining plays that happen in the video game. Logan has a mind of his own and is interesting no matter where you are or who you are with. When we went trick or treating I stayed with Logan and my best friend was with Connor. Logan and I moved a little bit slower than Chelsey and Connor but we enjoyed the entire night. He had a great time studying every one's costumes and all the different types of candy. He is very similar to other kids in many ways, he loves candy but does not quite understand or like when people give out things like apples or pop corn. They all just want candy. Logan also liked looking at the pets that people took with them. He loves looking at dogs and explaining how they are similar to the dogs that he has. This link may help you understand how it can be different with a child with special needs but how it is still important for them to be able to enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment